Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rest and Recovery Jarvis



Post Race Recovery – Scheduled: Post Surgery Rest

Actual – Post Surgery Rest
One week ago today I had some surgery on my wing…needles to say, it is hard to type! I have been limited to my couch but the time spent on it has given me time to recover and reflect on this great experience over the past few months.



I met many people during the marathon who were running for various great causes and ours was no different. Supporting program delivery costs; programs such as the “Ready, Willing and Able” program delivered by ParaSport Ontario to get inactive and newly injured people engaged in sport; or to help ensure that the Canadian Paralympic Team going to London in 2012 has all the resources required for the athletes to perform at their very best in striving for excellence and reaching the podium was our cause. I thank you again for all your support and remember, if you haven’t yet donated we are keeping the page live for a few more days so you can do so by clicking on the "Donate Now" button on the upper right side of the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Good on ya bandit.

    Loved your account of race day... and about that Never Again comment... I'll believe it when I see it (or don't see it as the case may be)
    :)

    lots of recovery hugs from CA and DD

    ReplyDelete